Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Biodiversity Study Area

I decided on Great Falls Park for my study area primarily because of its proximity to the school in which I teach Earth Science. It will be good for me to be informed of the formations and processes that occur(red) in this national park, as well as the biodiversity that exists with any identified concerns, in order to provide for students real-world connection, and project-based learning opportunities with field trip potential. I like to point out to my students the links between geography/earth science and human society, which is very evident in the history of Great Falls. I also am choosing Great Falls Park because of personal relevance, having grown up in the town of Great Falls, VA. I have visited the park countless times and investigated the geology of the gorge before.

No comments:

Post a Comment